eye candy for color yellow-2009 trend color
Well everyone says yellow is the color this year. So lets see what photos we can find with yellow in them. I call it eye candy!!!
Patchwork Egg Chair by Tal R
What do you think goes best with yellow?
The below exert, during my wild searching, I lost where I found this. If anyone knows please advise so that I can give credit. Has some great pointers for starting with color.
Thomas Jayne shares 10 foolproof strategies for making the most of this high-vib, sunny color.
- If you’re on the fence about yellow, begin with just a whisper of it.
- Go for nuanced yellows to create balance.
- Almost any color will work with yellow.
- Don’t trust the paint chip. – A hue that appears just right on the paint chip will usually intensify once it’s on your walls. Because of the reverberation of the light, it magnifies itself and becomes much brighter, Jayne says.
- Don’t be afraid of a little trial and error.
- When you’re mixing different yellows in a room, as a rule, more is more. – You can combine two shades of a color pretty easily, but if you add a third, it gets more difficult, Jayne says. When you add a fourth and fifth, it gets easier again.
- Choose yellow upholstery with caution. – smaller yellow furnishings can make a big statement.
- A little yellow goes a long way.
- When using white and yellow together, keep the white tones warm. – Jayne uses a yelow based white. A dead white tends to look gray with yellow
- Pump up the color with accents.