how about pictures of mardi gras around the world
I was going to write about the Mardi Gras but just felt like pictures can say so much more.
I would love to know who the artists was that drew this, it is so beautiful.
what a beautiful screensaver
and you can’t forget about the King Cake
- Storebought Cinnamon Streusel Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs
- Canola oil
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Can of cream cheese frosting OR
- 2 8oz. packages of cream cheese
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 stick of margarine
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Bottles of multi-colored sugar (purple, yellow, and green) (RESERVED)
- Prepare the cake mixture according to the box with the eggs and canola oil. Stir the pecans (more or less than 1 cup, according to your preferred texture) into the batter before baking.
- You can add the baby figurine to the cake or leave it on the side to insert into the cake later after it bakes.
- Pour the mixture into a bundt cake pan so that it is round with a hole in the middle like a traditional King Cake.
- Bake according to directions on the box.
- While the cake is baking, prepare your cream cheese icing for the top of the cake. You can use pre-made stuff, or combine cream cheese, confectioner’s sugar, vanilla, and margarine to make a great tasting icing. Stir the ingredients together with a mixer and leave it unrefrigerated until your cake cools.
- OPTIONAL: Depending on your preference, once your cake cools, you can just ice the top of it, or slice it crosswise into two even halves and add a layer of frosting, pecans, and cinnamon streusel in the middle. Many King Cakes have filling in the middle. This is also a great way to sneak the baby into the cake wedged between a layer of filling.
- Ice the top of your cake with your cream cheese frosting.
- Sprinkle thick stripes of purple, green, and yellow sugar over the top of your cream cheese icing.
- Voila! A Fat Tuesday King Cake everyone can appreciate!
If you make one please be careful with children when using the baby in the cake to make sure they don’t swallow.
have a blessed day.
today and everyday go out and be the best you can be