Something I have been pondering on for a while. What does it mean to you?
For me it is clearing the noise in my head, like not thinking all the time or that I don’t have to be doing something every minute that I am awake.
Sounds crazy, I know, but sometimes it is like my thoughts are in overload and I want to scream, STOP, slow down and free your mind. It is filled with things I want to do, say or share ideas that I have, and all the things I still want to learn about. Then, you combine that with all the surrounding noise of the cars, phones, other people talking, even the sound of the keyboard on your computer and you think, gesh, take a deep breath and relax!
It is refreshing, because it gives you a sense of feeling free, if only for a brief moment.
What are the things that set you free?
- Is it letting go of so many thoughts
- Taking a day and doing nothing
- Going for a long walk, by yourself or with someone you love and not having to say anything
- Letting go of anger
- Forgiving yourself
- Doing something for someone else
- Making a new friend
- Reading a book
- Admitting to something you have done
- Going for a swim
- Laying in a field and watching the clouds
- Taking photos
- Painting or drawing